Baby Dies After DPT Vaccination: A 18 month old baby was killed after getting vaccinated with over dosage of expired vaccine in Hyderabad
A baby of 18 months old died after she got vaccinated at an Anganwadi centre allegedly with over dosage of expired immunization vaccine in Nagole on Sunday.
According to the sources a child of 18 months named Pranavi was caught with fever and died few hours later after she got vaccinated on Sunday morning.
Pranavi was taken to a Anganwadi Centre at Mathuguda in Nagole by her mother Dhana lakshmi for vaccination of DPT, Measles and Polio on Saturday afternoon at around 12.30. The child got vaccinated by a nurse who gave her two drops of polio vaccine, DPT and measles vaccine.
The child developed Fever after coming home and her mother gave her a paracetamol tablet that was given by the nurse who vaccinated the child.
But the temperature has increased despite of giving medicine to the child and the worried parents has rushed her to a private hospital at LB Nagar where the doctor declared the child as brought dead.
A case of negligence on the part of hospital staff caused the death of her child, alleged Pranavi’s father Sai Kumar who registered a complaint in LB Nagar police station.
A case was registered under IPC Section 304-A (Causing death by negligence) and launched an investigation and the body was sent to the post mortem in order to ascertain the cause of death.
The reports of post mortem and FSL are awaited by which, the officials can ascertain the exact reason behind the death of the child.
Meanwhile Telangana Health Department denied the allegations of overdose or improper storage of vaccine as reason for the child’s death saying that they only use Anti-disposable injections which take only 0.5 ml of the vaccine.