1. The phone runs the recent Android Lollipop 5.1 OS which will run most of the apps and looks much better than Kitkat with the help of a 1.3 GHz quad-core processor.
2. It supports 3G for lightning-fast web browsing.
3. It will have a 4-inch screen that is quite common for sub-Rs 5,000 phones.
4. It even has a 1GB RAM that which can easily run WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter with some more space to spare for more apps.
5. The phone has 8GB internal memory which can be expanded to 32GB with a micro SD card. Sadly, microSD card will cost you more than the phone.
6. You even get a camera. On both sides. 3.2 megapixel on the back and 0.3 megapixel the front.
7. The phone has the 1,450 mAh battery which won’t last you all day but no one can complain considering the price.
8. The Freedom 251 will be officially unveiled in New Delhi and the event will be attended by Murli Manohar Joshi, MP, with the Union defence minister Manohar Parrikar as the chief guest on Wednesday, according to a report.
9. The phone will have some apps pre-installed to make it more useful to the women, farmers, fishermen and everyone in general. Women Safety, Swachh Bharat, Fisherman, Farmer, Medical, Google Play, WhatsApp, Facebook, YouTube are some of the apps to be installed out of the box.
10. By the way you also get a 1-year warranty on the phone backed by their 650 service centers across the country.