23% Hike In Salaries Of Central Govt Employees
5 Children Among 8 Dead In Fire At Building In Mumbai’s Andheri
Five children were among eight of a family killed in a fire at a pharmacy in Mumbai’s Andheri this morning. The youngest was a baby, just a few months old.
The family was sleeping on the first floor of the building and trapped when the fire broke out at around 6 am in a medical store below. The fire quickly spread and engulfed the entire building.
Initial reports suggest the blaze started because of a short-circuit.
“The primary reason for the fire seems to be a short circuit. But officials will have to establish the exact cause once investigations are complete,” a senior cop said.
Initial reports suggests that the fire occurred due to short-circuit, police said.
This is the latest deadly fire to hit Mumbai in recent years.
In June last year, a fire in a high-rise apartment block killed seven people trapped in a lift on the upper floors.
A month earlier, four firefighters were killed in a blaze at another building.