Mobile operator Aircel said it will expand its network by adding 13,000 4G, 3G and 2G sites across India by the end of this year 2015. The plan of the company is in line with the growing demand for mobile telephone services and to offer better customer experience, continuous services and with high data speed.
The company has 3G spectrum in 13 circles and 4G airwaves or Broadband Wireless Access(BWA) in 8 circles. as per the company plan, Aircel has already started 7,400 sites this year and has added approximately 2.2 million hours per day of voice capacity and 200TB per day of the data capacity to its network, it said in a statement.
Aircel says that the company consistently upgrades and optimizes its existing network to increase capacity, achieve higher planning and reduce existing pressure on networks.
Aircel Chief Technology Officer Sameer Dave said, “Out of the 13,000 sites that will be rolled out, 7,700 are 3G and 4G sites combined and the remaining 5,300 sites are 2G. While the 3G sites are planned primarily in regions such as Chennai, West Bengal, Tamil Nadu, Kolkata and Odisha; the focus for the 2G network expansion are regions such as Delhi, Bihar and Rajasthan to improve network performance.”
It is an Indian mobile network operator headquartered in Chennai, which offers voice and 2G, 3G and 4G data services. Aircel was founded by C Sivasankaran and commenced operations in Tamil Nadu in 1999. Maxis Communications holds a 74% stake and Sindya Securities and Investments holds the remaining 26%.
It is India’s 6th largest GSM mobile service provider with a subscriber base of 82.01 million subscribers as of April 2015. It is a market leader in Tamil Nadu and has considerable presence in Odisha, Assam and North-East circles.