A fire broke out in a commercial establishment at Kalaghoda in Fort on Monday evening. Nobody was injured in the blaze, said fire brigade officials.
The fire started on the second floor storeroom of a company that supplies firefighting systems and closed-circuit television cameras. It took the firemen a couple of hours to put out the flames which slowly enveloped the entire floor.
While most people working in the building had, by then, rushed out of their offices, nearly 10 people working for the company in whose storeroom the fire broke out, were inside. One of the employees tried to douse the flames with the firefighting system available but failed to do so. By this time, the fire brigade, four fire engines and three water tankers had had reached the spot. People from an adjacent building were also told to vacate, as a precautionary measure.