To boost inter-city connectivity , the Maharashtra government is likely to sign on Tuesday an MoU with the civil aviation ministry and the Airports Authority of India to develop 10 airports in the state.
Officials said airports at Nanded, Kolhapur, Solapur, Amravati, Jalgaon, Shirdi, Ratnagiri, Sindhudurg, Gondhia and Nashik have been short-listed for development under the Union government’s regional connectivity policy .
The Centre will bear 80% of the cost and the state the remaining 20%.
According to officials, the Shirdi airport is ready and will be inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on October 1, while the Kolhapur airport will be expanded and made operational by January 1, 2017.
dainik bhaskar epaper 23/08/2016 : http://epaper.bhaskar.com