The railway officials have constituted a three-member committee that will investigate the reason behind the fire.
Hosiery goods of lakhs were destroyed in a fire on a coach of Shaheed Express at the local railway station here today. The incident took place at around 2:33 pm when porters were loading hosiery goods in the luggage coach. The Shaheed Express arrived from Amritsar and it was heading towards Jaynagar (UP).
The Fire Brigade reached the spot and put out the fire. No casualty was reported.
Shaheed Express arrived at platform No. 1 on its scheduled time at 2:25 pm. The porters started loading the hosiery goods in the luggage coach. The porters had loaded more than 12 boxes when the fire broke out in the coach.
Sources at the railway station said the cause of the fire might be a short-circuit on the train or a flammable product kept in the coach.