The list compiled by Hurun Institute has seen 296 people with a minimum wealth of $250 million making it to the list.
For the fourth year in row, Mukesh Ambani with assets of Rs 1,60,950 crore has been ranked at number 1 making him the richest man in India as of July 31, 2015.
His younger brother, Anil Ambani, has lost 12 positions to be ranked at number 23, with assets which are only 20 percent of his elder brother.
The list of dollar denominated billionaires in India has 124 names with the number rising from 59 in 2012, officials of Hurun Report India said.
The top 10 richest men in India, according to the list are:
1. Mukesh Ambani, Reliance (Assets: Rs 160,950 crore; location: Mumbai)
2. Dilip Sanghvi, Sun Pharma (Assets: Rs 126,290 crore; location: Mumbai)
3. SP Hinduja, Hinduja Group (Assets: Rs 103,030 crore; location: London)
4. Shiv Nadar, HCL (Assets: 94,020 crore; location: New Delhi)
5. Pallonji Mistry, Shapoorji Pallonji (Asstes: Rs 87,290 crore; location: Mumbai)
6. L.N. Mittal, ArcelorMittal (Assets: Rs 83,400 crore; location: London)
7. Azim Premji, Wipro (Assets: Rs 51,900 crore; location: Bangalore)
8.Gautam Adani, Adani Enterprises (Assets: Rs 50,500 crore; location: Ahmedabad)
9. Sunil Mittal, Bharti Airtel (Assets: Rs 48,540 crore; location: New Delhi)
10. Uday Kotak, Kotak Mahindra (Assets: Rs 47,610 crore; location: Mumbai)
under-40 Internet millionaires from India:
Binny and Sachin Bansal, Flipkart; (both aged 34 years); Assets: Rs 9010 crore each
Vijay Sharma, Paytm; Aged 38 years; Assets: Rs 2824 crore
Ankit Bhati and Bhavish Agarwal, Ola Cab; Age: 28 and 29 years respectively; Assets: Rs 2385 crore each
Kunal Bahl, Snapdeal; Age: 32 years; Assets: Rs 2314 crore
Naveen Tiwari, Inmobi; Aged 39 years; Assets: Rs 1683 crore
If we talk about technology, then Rahul Sharma, co-founder of Micromax with assets worth Rs 4070 crore has been included in this under 40 rich list. Rahul is 40 years old.