Nepal has declared the Cow as it’s national animal. Cow, the sacred animal of Hindus is now the national animal of new-secular Nepal. Nepal adopted it’s new Constitution on September 20, 2015 which was chartered by President Ram Baran Yadav.
According to PTI, the General Secretary of Nepali Congress, Krishna Prasad Sitaula said, “s for the pro-Hindus, we have made cow our national animal. Now, the animal has constitutional protection and cow slaughter has also been banned. This provision had been removed from the first CA but we brought it back.” Many people suggested the one-horned Rhino as the national animal, but the government concluded with the Cow as their choice.
Some interesting facts about Nepal:
- The national flower of Nepal is Rhododendron
- The national bird of Nepal is Himalayan Monal
- The national instrument of Nepal is Madal
- The staple food of Nepal is Dal Bhat
- Nepal is the only country in the world whose flag is not rectangular in shape
- The Constitution of Nepal has defined geometrical instructions for designing and shaping the flag
- The flag of Nepal has the colour blue, colour red, curved moon and the sun as its elements. The colour red symbolises war and victory; the colour blue symbolises peace; the moon symbolises peace and calmness; the sun represents aggresiveness.