Rustom had a huge day seven with collections going to around 8 crore nett apprx as it got benefit of Raksha Bandhan with some circuits seeing a gain of 50%. Rustom recorded the highest first week collection for an Akshay Kumar starrer comfortable beating Housefull 3 released a few months back. The film has recorded the 17th highest first week of all time. Below are the all time top ten first weeks of Akshay Kumar.
1. Rustom (2016) 89 cr apprx-
2. Housefull 3 (2016) – 80.02 crore
3. Airlift (2016) – 79.29 crore
4. Rowdy Rathore (2012) – 75.52 crore
5. Holiday – A Soldier Is Never Off Duty (2014) – 68.64 crore
6. Housefull 2 (2012) – 61.75 crore
7. Gabbar Is Back (2015) – 59.61 crore
8. Singh Is Bling (2015) – 59.41 crore
9. Baby (2015) – 51.96 crore
10. Entertainment (2014) – 49.90 crore
Rustom has done well across the board in week one putting up better figures than Airlift and Housefull 3 in practically all the circuits. The failure of Mohenjo Daro really helped its caused as the business was not shared which would have happened if Mohenjo Daro was accepted. The Mumbai circuit is closing on in 30 crore nett in just seven days which is huge (the total business of Housefull 3 in Mumbai was 35 crore nett apprx).
The film got a huge Monday due to Independence Day and Raksha Bandhan also bumped it up on Thursday which helped weekday business immensely. The film will probably see its first noticeable drop on its eighth day but it is the day eight business and ninth day day jump which will tell if the film will go to 125 crore nett or even higher.