Government of West Bengal has declared a scheme titled “Sabooj Sathi” for distribution of bi-cycles to the students of class IX to XII in all Govt. run/ Govt. aided/ Govt. sponsored schools. Students of Class X to XII will be covered in the current financial year (2015-16). Students of Class IX will be covered in the next financial year. Target is to cover more or less 40 students in the State. Objective of the scheme is to encourage students in higher education and to reduce drop outs.
- A Steering Committee headed by Principal Secretary, MSME&T department has been constituted to supervise, monitor and issue necessary guidance regarding implementation of the scheme. Principal Secretary, BCW Department is the Member Secretary of the Committee.
- West Bengal SC ST Development & Finance Corporation has been declared as the nodal agency for procurement and distribution of bi-cycles.
- A Tender Committee was constituted with the Officials of different State Govt. Departments for procurement process.
- Fox & Mandal, a solicitor firm was engaged for legal services in connection with Bid-Management.
- Three Manufacturers were selected through e-Tender VIZ. TI Cycles (Hercules), Hero Cycles, Avon Cycles. Average rate per bi-cycle – Rs. 3200/- per pc.
- A web based application has been developed for recording details of the eligible students of class X to XII. Particulars were entered by individual schools through their log-in facility. Data was thereafter validated by concerned Circles.
- Bi-cycles are supplied in CKD (Complete Knock Down) conditions. Supply is being made at selected points in Blocks/ Municipalities. Bi-cycles are fitted at the designated places and sent for distribution among the students at respective schools. In some cases centralized distribution is also taking place. Distribution records are kept in prescribed format with photograph, signature of the recipients. Distribution record is also uploaded in the web-site. This is available in the public domain (http://www.wbsaboojsathi.gov.in).
- Sabooj sathi logo is affixed in the front basket of the bi-cycle. Apart from this a taggant label which is coded and machine readable is also affixed. This label bears the code of supplier, District, Block, year. Identity of the bi-cycles under the scheme can be established by decoding of this label.
- It is targeted to complete the 1st phase of distribution of around 25 lakh bi-cycles by 3rd week of January, 2016.
check here : http://wbsaboojsathi.gov.in/
Online Data Entry For Remaining Boys & Girls Students of class IX (academic year 2015 only) has been opened from 16th Feb,2016
Facility of Online Profile Entry and Finalization of Class IX Phase II will avialable till 5:30 PM of 2nd March, 2016.