In October 2015, the JV had unveiled its first product in the form of a concept – the G310 Stunt – in Brazil; and now the production-ready version of the bike has been revealed officially.
“One cylinder, low weight, powerful dynamic performance – the BMW G 310 R embodies the pure essence of a BMW roadster: it has neither too little nor too much of anything.
Key highlights of TVS-BMW G 310 R
– Tyres 110/70 R 17 at front and 150/60 R 17 at rear
– High-performance brake system with standard two-channel ABS
– Multi-functional instrument cluster
– Low seat height of 785 millimetres
– Dynamic roadster design with echoes of the S 1000 R
– Individually tailored optional accessories
Powering the BMW G 310 R is an all-new 313cc, liquid-cooled, single-cylinder engine with 4 valves and 2 overhead camshatfs with electronic fuel injection. The company says that the most striking feature of the G 310 R is its backward-tilted cylinder in open-deck design with the cylinder head turned by 180 degrees. Mated to a 6-speed transmission, this engine is claimed to churn out a maximum power output of 34bhp at 9,500rpm and a peak torque of 28Nm at 7,500rpm.
The bike is claimed to return an exceptionally great fuel efficiency of over 36kmpl, thanks to its light weight (158.5 Kgs) and low level of fuel consumption.
BMW G 310R Detailed in Video :